School Sport Representative Pathway - Term 4 2020
The Sydney East Schools Sports Association wishes to advise that the ‘Practical Guide for sport and physical activity’ has been updated for Term 4.
The following now applies for Term 4:
- Interschool sport (zone/district based) can recommence where there is a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place. Students may now travel outside their local community.
- The representative school sport pathway remains cancelled for 2020.
- Selection trials for 2021 representative pathway events may now recommence.
The following principles underpin these changes:
- There must be a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place for any sporting event conducted outside the school.
- External providers who are essential for curriculum delivery can now be used.
- Parents, carers and other non-essential spectators cannot be on the site of the event.
Sydney East Blues Awards
A collective decision was made through the School Sport Unit earlier this year that Blues Awards may be presented at NSWCHS and Association levels in 2020. Any Year 12 students that may have met the criteria in 2019 (or 2020 for those sports that did host championships in 2020) will receive their Blues award through their school. No formal Blues Awards presentations will be held at either the NSWCHS or Sydney East levels.
We thank you for your understanding during this time.
Have you seen our FAQ pages?
Find answers to frequently asked questions regarding school sport unit programs and navigating the website.
If you cannot find an answer to your problem, please email or call us on the contact details below.